Thursday, February 19, 2015

Q & A with a Home Health Care Franchise Owner

As somebody deeply involved in the home care industry, as both a caregiver and a blogger, discussing home care franchises and the non-medical home care industry with a person familiar with this aspect of personal employment proved to be eye opening in several ways. It was gratifying to hear from someone who has enthusiasm for such a business. Keep reading below to see our conversation in-depth.
Q: Why do you believe opening a home health care franchise was the right business decision for you? 
A: After caring for my family elders during my teen years, I realized I had a lot to offer the geriatric community, including patience, respect and understanding for their needs. It is good to live the remainder of life in one's own home, with familiar possessions and memories. Although it is a large financial commitment, I believe in the concept. I have confidence in my education and ability, my work ethic and in being an advocate for seniors.

Q: What have you learned that maintains your interest in pursuing such an endeavor?
A:  I have done my homework, researching and speaking with others who have completed their purchase of a franchise. I learned there are a few things I need to educate myself on, such as marketing, how to advertise, and how to choose the right, trained employees. I believe a home care agency is a worthy path for my life.
Q: What do you think you will like about this work?
A: To assist people in keeping their lifestyle as much as possible by helping them in their homes is satisfying work. Since I have had that experience, I want to share my knowledge and support with others. I hope to build an agenda with like-minded caregivers.
Q: Do you have any advice for those who may be interested in this endeavor?
A: Yes, do your best inquiry, review everything possible about the franchise first.
Q: Have you uncovered any resources that have been helpful?
A: The library is open to everyone. Become versed in the details and prepared to train in all facets of the job.
Q: Do you have any more thoughts to share?
A: Yes. To anyone searching for the right franchise: be patient and research top home care franchises first. If you have the courage to pursue your dream, you will complete it.


No comments:

Post a Comment